new to the doux? Help us make your first time amazing by reading this page PRIOR TO CALLING OR BOOKING ONLINE:
NEW DOUX 101
WHAT IT IS:
The NEW DOUX is our all-inclusive deluxe introductory service, tailored to fit our NEW GUESTS. Whether your hair is relaxed, transitioning, recovering, or super-natural, an extensive consultation with a Textured Hair Care Expert serves as the foundation to your hair's progress.
WHAT YOU GET:
During your consultation, your Stylist will:
- make a full assessment of the condition of your hair and scalp
- determine your hair density, curl pattern and texture
- troubleshoot your current challenges and discuss styling options
- design a specialized plan of care and treatment based on your hair's unique needs.
Your hair care service includes:
- Scalp detox, clarifying, and conditioning treatment using The Doux™ professional product line
- Steam Hydration Therapy Treatment
- Precision split end removal
- Your choice of a straight or naturally curly / Finish
PREPARING FOR YOUR SERVICE:
• We need your hair free of grease, extensions, and debris. Please remove ALL twists, coils, braids, etc. prior to your appointment. A $25 fee will be applied to your session if we need more time to remove excessive amounts of oil, knots, or matting.
• The New Doux service is a non-chemical visit: if you would like to color or chemically smooth your hair, it will be discussed during your consultation and scheduled the following visit.
• Come solo. Seating in our reception area is limited, therefore, we ask that you not bring company with you to your appointment. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the salon for any reason.
BEFORE YOU BOOK:
• We do not make hair care recommendations over the phone. If you would like us to address a specific concern, we'll need to see your hair. Please book a Consultation.
• To avoid a scheduling conflict, YOU MUST BOOK A NEW DOUX Service as your 1st appointment (New Doux Straight, New Doux Naturally Curly, New Doux Pixie, or a Consultation). After your first visit, you're free to select other services from the menu. If you select a service that is not specified as a New Doux, we reserve the right to cancel/reschedule your appointment at your expense.
• BOOK ONLINE. New Doux Appointments are booked exclusively online, and require a $25 non-refundable deposit. Utilizing our online portal to book your first visit insures that you are registered properly in our system. If you call to book, you will still be redirected to our site.